Forever Friends

Just as the ink flows from this pen... As i write, the pain flows from within. Like tears on a rainy day, all that is inside is disguised. Covered with laughter, silly jokes and a shy grin...my pride, I continue to defend.

The best friend one could acquire... never needing a favor in return is what I admire. Listening, no interruptions, forever understanding, no abruptions.... Open me up and we are read the same...I empty my soul onto each of your pages. And as the chapters unfold , my heart moves closer to a state of peace, I give you company and you so faithfully continue to give me releif ...

My serious face lol

My serious face lol

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Intimidation Is a Bitch

Intimidation is a bitch...
I open my mouth and you immediately get the urge to switch...
Switch conversations, I sadly find relations
In how my words flow and the way your body language goes.
Is it that I am too much for you? Or did I just catch you off guard?
Because I am a black woman I guess you find it hard,
Hard to believe that I can indeed intellectually take you there.
Its funny because for a moment you begin to stare...
Studying me as if I were material for a quiz
Let me guess, you want to know exactly how that is?
Let me remind you that this isn't year 1823...
I know my way around a book ... oh yes I can read.
I can read you backwards, left, sideways, and right...
And with the pages turned you're the one not looking so bright.
Get used to the fact of me being here.
I intend to move up...its time for you to overcome that fear.
That fear that I can actually do what you do...
I'm sorry, the fear that I can do it better because I'm nobody's fool.
Pick up your jaw, you may as well get used to me
Intimidation is a bitch...
Thank God I'm not even close to what you expected I would be.

4 comments:

Don said...

A real black woman really can be intimidating, although I'm not sure if you meant this nice piece for a black man ... or the world, in general.

Faith said...

This peice was inspired from the work place...not intended for any specific gender or race. It's just bothers me that people look so shocked when I open my mouth. Some even go as far as saying "wow...I didn't expect you to know that" or "I just didn't think you knew that" As if I am supposed to be ignorant when it comes to certain subjects. I just wish people would stop trying to put a face/color on intellect. I even get it from my friends too...

Don said...

Someone trying to place you in a box, I see.

But you're too real for that.

Shai said...

I can SO relate. I have had folks look at me sideways and then what I said comes to pass then they get it.